A road trip to Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh is one of the best road trips in North East India you can go on. This Tawang tour package takes you through the deep valleys of the eastern Himalayas, deep inside the tribal areas of the state, historic Buddhist monasteries and towering mountains. The Tawang monastery tour on this trip is one of the highlights of this Tawang tour package from Guwahati. Get ready to visit Tawang and experience the beauty of the place and its omnipresent Buddhist way of life in one of the best possible ways in this one week Tawang trip.
A Week-long trip To Tawang and Bum la including Bomdilla, Dirang, and Sangti Valley – Arunachal Pradesh
Day 1 – Guwahati to Dirang
We start from the Guwahati airport in the morning and enjoy our drive through the golden fields of Assam before we start ascending the hills of Arunachal Pradesh, taking a newly built road which makes for a fantastic drive and even better views. On our way, we stop by at the beautiful Gyuto monastery and spend some time exploring it. We stop for lunch at a small Tibetan settlement en-route for lunch before proceeding further ahead. We halt at a lovely little town Dirang, overlooking two mountain rivers, for the night.
Day 2 – Dirang to Tawang.
We start for Tawang today and en-route stop at Nyukmadung war memorial and pay our respect to the fallen soldiers there. Next, we stop at the mighty Se la and soak-in the gorgeous views on and around it. We visit & pay our respect at the Tawang war memorial there and then warm ourselves with piping-hot tea at the army canteen there before we resume our onward journey. We stop for a small stroll by the lovely Sela lake if time permits and then start for our next stop, the Nuranang waterfall, the sheer grandness of which is sure to make your jaws drop. We reach our lovely homestay in Tawang by late evening and call it a day.
Day 3 – Tawang Tour.
We start our day by visiting the largest monastery in the world, the Tawang monastery. We explore the place at our own pace before heading to the Urgeling monastery, the birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama and the Ani Gompa. In the evening, we visit the war memorial and experience the light and sound show there.
Day 4 – Penga Teng Tso, Madhuri Lake and Bumla.
We start early today to explore the beautiful lakes and valleys at the higher reaches of the region. On our way to our first stop, the Penga Teng Tso, we drive through what was once the battle-field. The scars of the war can be seen scattered all around. From there we head to the uniquely beautiful Sungester Lake, also known as the Madhuri lake of Koyla (the Bollywood movie) fame. Finally, we head towards the India-China border at Bum-la and spend some time at the border before starting our return journey to Tawang.
Day 5 – Tawang to Bomdila/Dirang.
We drive down to the Buddhist town of Dirang/Bomdilla today, taking the same road we took on our way up to Tawang. Only this time we will stay at a unique and special place for the night instead of staying at the same homestay (if staying in Bomdila). By evening, we reach Bomdilla and stay in the monastery for the night, of course after exploring it.
Day 6 – Bomdila/Dirang to Gauhati.
We wake-up early today so that we can explore the monastery once again, this time while the monks are busy praying. After a hearty breakfast at the monastery, we start our return journey back to Guwahati which marks the end of this wonderful trip.
- All permits for Indian Nationals (except Bum-La permit) as required.
- All Toll Charges.
- A dedicated vehicle with driver cum guide for the entire trip.
- Local guide wherever required.
- Accommodation for 5 Nights on a twin-sharing basis.
- Breakfast on all mornings from Day 2 till last day’s check-out.
- Any personal/sanitary/medical expenses.
- Any extension in the number of days staying.
- Food and snacks.
- Fee for the Bum La leg (costs between Rs.5000-5500 per vehicle & permits)
- PAP Fee for non-Indian Passport Holders
- Parking Fee
- Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusions section above.
- 5% GST.
Cancellation & Refund
- 50% cancellation charge until 45 days before the start of the trip.
- In case we cancel the trip for any unavoidable reason, we will refund 100% of the payment made to us. We will not be liable to pay any expenses the guest might have incurred (train tickets, flight tickets, etc.) to reach the starting point of the trip, Guwahati airport in this case.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice, based upon the costing of variables of the trip logistics.
- Any govt. fee or Tax paid to us is non-refundable
|Gorgeous, beautiful & enriching|